THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF ACTUAL PRACTICE IN THE MENTAL HEALTH FIELD
I have been working with families since 2010, learning and growing alongside them.
MASTERS IN COUNSELING
I received a masters degree specializing in counseling from Dallas Theological Seminary. This was a degree program specializing in the theories and techniques of counseling, as well as developing skills to help facilitate challenging life scenarios for families in need. Some of my favorite courses included normal human growth, lifestyle and career development, and the treatment of trauma.
PARENT FACILITATION AND COORDINATION
I received extensive training on mediation, family law mediation, and domestic violence. I also received very specific training in helping families learn to problem solve and work together for the best interest of their children. I am a trained parent facilitator and coordinator.
REGISTERED PLAY THERAPIST
I AM COMMITTED TO CONTINUING EXTENSIVE PLAY, ADOLESCENT AND FAMILY THERAPY TRAINING. Conferences and trainings I attended have included:
- Interpersonal Trauma
- Medicated Children and Adolescents in Play Therapy
- Sexual Abuse Myths
- Play Therapy with the Grieving Child
- Sand Tray Therapy with Families
- Puppets in the Playroom
- Healing on the Edge
- Let’s Talk about Sex- Tackling Touchy Themes
- Engaging Men in Play Therapy
- Adlerian Play Therapy- Applying the Principles
- 12 Hours of CPRT Training- An evidence based Filial therapy model, helping to strengthen the bond of the parent child relationship
- Play Therapy for Children with ADHD
- Keep Calm and Pass it On: Dealing with Emotional Regulation
- Parents as Healers- Integrating Caregivers in Play Therapy
- Navigating the Crazy with Families
- Kids and Teens in Court
- The Highly Sensitive Child
- Triple Threat- When Trauma, Anxiety and Attachment Intersect
- Addressing Developmental Trauma in Play Therapy
- Talking with Clients About Video Games
- Money and Mental Health
- Therapy for Gifted Clients
- Using Play to work with Children at Risk of Suicide
- Suicide Assessment, Prevention and Intervention
- Parent Coaching: Uncovering Influences and Promoting Change
- Addiction: Conceptualization, Treatment, Clinical Updates and Provider Resources
- Advanced Reunification Therapy Training for Therapists
- Dissociation in Play Therapy
- The Electronically Dependent Generation
CHILDREN IN THE MIDDLE
I spent nearly two years co teaching Children in the Middle, a seven hour co-parenting course designed to help support adults in raising children between two homes. Our service providers specialize in working with families dealing with transitions such as separation, divorce, or other family matters involving two homes.
NEW WAYS FOR FAMILIES
New Ways for Families® helps divorcing and separating families as they transition into a new way of life. I spent two days learning techniques, training and guidelines to help divorcing families work to keep children out of the middle of conflict.